Wednesday, May 11, 2005

A Tartan Fit For A Greek

Being in the Scottish piping and drumming scene, and being part in some upcoming performances with a small group of pipers and drummers, it was time to order a kilt of my very own.

But what does a Greek guy choose for his tartan? Luckily,
Scotland's flag, the St. Andrew's cross, is blue and white, just like Greece's flag. So I went with the St. Andrew's tartan:



What do people think?


Once I get my full outfit going, I'll post some pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just looking for a good tartan for some of my Greek parishioners, and a friend at xmarksthescot.com kilt forum recommended your blog site.

Excellent choice! I'm an Orthodox priest and I'm happy to see that there is indeed an appropriate tartan for those of Hellenic heritage.

Let us know how it all works out.

Although I'm not Greek, I'm not Scottish either (my wife is), but I'm planning to get a kilt this year for certain! I'm not the only priest who wants/owns one either!

Congratulations, and keep up the good work.