Wednesday, March 14, 2007

We're Buying A House

As in tomorrow. As in we're signing the papers and handing over a big check for the down payment and closing costs and getting the keys on Friday and then putting up blinds and painting a few walls. As in moving in in about a week and a half. As in officially out of our apartment by the end of the month.

I guess it'll sink in by the time I sign the gajillionth piece of paper. I'm pretty it'll get to the point of legal absurdity where I'll sign something saying that I won't sue the paper or ink manufacturers for any distortion of the words on any of the other contracts I've signed. You know, just to be sure I don't sue.

I didn't blog about our house hunt primarily because we were busy doing the whole house buying process. But now that we're close to moved in and done with it, I'm consider posting what we did and what we experienced, if only to benefit some other first-time buyer out there.

Or wait, was I the last one to buy? :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! i hope the painting and moving goes well--i hate to do both!

~ddv

George said...

We're going to paint some walls this weekend before we move in next weekend and get our furniture and stuff in there. It'll be a busy next week as we get ready to move, but at least we can get some up-front stuff done before we start living there.

sangeet said...

Congratulations!! I guess by now you're a homeowner! Happy Moving. :) I'd love to hear a story or two about your experience when you get a chance, you're certainly not the last to buy...