Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Story Behind The Picture

Here's the picture.



Now, I'm curious what people think the story is behind the picture. Extra credit if you guess without clicking through.

For those that are stumped: I'll post the backstory soon.

Update: OK, here's the backstory. We were at Gay Bingo a few weeks ago. The March edition had a 70's theme to it, and folks had decked out their polyester best. Anyway, back in the January edition of Gay Bingo, Glamazonia (the host) mentioned that she had a MySpace page. Later on, I added her as a friend.

Now, fast forward to the March Gay Bingo. We're sitting at our table, which was located right off the main path between the front doors and the stage. I'm chowing down on a pork sandwich, in between bingo games. All of sudden, I hear Glamazonia over the PA: "Hey, I know you!".

At this point, I think, "Oh, she's talking to Steven." You see, Steven is a friend of ours that lives in Glamazonia's building, and they know each other. They must be chatting it up, I think. But then, I look up, and I see Glamazonia towering over me, pointing a finger at me, with a spotlight illuminating her and everything around me.

Gulp.

Glamazonia continues: "You're on my MySpace!" She comes over to my side and reaches out her hand to shake. "Let's make a MySpace connection!". Now, everyone at my table is cracking up, as I try to scarf down the bite of sandwich, raise a thumbs-up, and shake her hand all at the same time. Then, Glamazonia calls over the photographers to take a few pictures of our introduction.

So there's the story behind the picture. A 7' tall drag queen, 800+ people, and me.

2 comments:

Becca said...

I can think of about 2 million great stories, but none of them will match the real thing, I think.

Just know there are people on the Internet who will be keeping this picture to show your future children.

Anonymous said...

Um, has Traci Mae been taking hormones?