Sunday, May 28, 2006

Lameness Alert: BuyMyDesktop.Com

Sure, the Million Dollar Home Page was pretty ingenuous. But Buy My Desktop? Sorry, I don't think so.

Pay $25 to get a shortcut on one person's computer desktop. That's only seen by that person. Great, wow, awesome, thanks!

Just so everyone knows: I'm selling a cubic inch of space on my dresser for anyone who wants to place an item there ($10, must be non-volatile). Also, you can put a sticker on my computer mousepad ($20, no larger than 1" square) if you want, or even let me affix a sticky note to my computer monitor with whatever you want written on it ($50, not guaranteed to be sticky forever).

4 comments:

Becca said...

I don't know, I might pay $10 so that every day you have to look at your desktop and see "Becca is the coolest person in the world." :)

George said...

Deal! :)

C'mon, Becca, I don't need a reminder to know that you're the coolest. :) *shameless pandering*

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Its the owner of www.buymydesktop.com here. I'm just here to tell you that its not only seen by myslef but people who visit the website, if you don't believe me look on the purchased icons(not the stars or the standard windows icons) and you will see!
Thanks
www.buymydesktop.com

George said...

Hey owner of buymydesktop.com, thanks for the clarification. Indeed, a person purchases an icon on your desktop and on the web site. I stand corrected.

I would put a jab here about how you've only sold a few icons to date (even after several months of being up & running), but I have nothing to counter with: no one's taken me up on my offer for the space on my dresser, my mousepad, or my computer monitor.