Monday, November 21, 2005

King And Bunny's: The Worst Local Commercial

Every weekday night, without fail, on UPN 11 around 11:50PM, this short little local commercial comes on. It's comprised of a still image of some people sitting amidst some washers, some logos, and other information about the business, King and Bunny's.

The voice over begins..."King and Bunny's!" it calls. In the span of no more than 10 seconds, it claims that King and Bunny's has the "Whammer Deals" on home appliances, repeats the name of the business, and...that's it. Commercial over.

What? What was that? What did I just see?

I can't decide what's worse about this commercial:
  • The fact that it's not only short, but it's really irritating. The voice over grates on your ears after the 37th time you've heard it.
  • The fact that it's shown every single weekday night, without fail. I get it already. King and Bunny's. The appliance store that thought a 10 second still image with a voice over would sell more Kitchenaids.
  • The fact that it made me notice enough to check out their web site and blog about them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that commercial so hillarious. It's one of the reasons I still enjoy television. check out www.myspace.com/mykingdommyperch i have it listed in my favorite tv shows.

"IT'S KING AND BUNNIES, HOME OF THE WHAMMER DEAL!"

p.s if you ever find an mpeg of this let me know!

Anonymous said...

http://www.13griffins.com/kingbun.wmv

i love that commercial so much i had to make my own

Anonymous said...

hahahha. you were right on...11:48 pm and i just watched that commercial on channel 11. "kiiiing and bunny's"..who's idea was it to put his voice in the commercial?

George said...

Anon #1, I haven't found an mpeg of it yet.

Anon #2, nice :)

Anon #3, I don't know whose idea it was to put his voice on there, but it apparently is making the commercial stick in everyone's head. I mean, I blogged about it, and you all commented on it. :)

Anonymous said...

I've shopped at King and Bunny’s for over 20 years. It's true they do have whammer deals. I haven't found anyone to beat his price. A satisfied customer and recipient of the "Whammer Deal" more that once. In fact I'm headed in Monday to get a washer. Here I come King.

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Wow, I can't stand to look at the shriveled, weathered, beaten, scarred, gouged, physically, verablly, and mentally abused... Uhhrm... Man (If you can call him that anymore).

And where the hell is Bunny?

By the way, I clicked the disability icon and laughed by ass off... It's really screwed up.