Tuesday, April 12, 2005

San Francisco: Day 2

I spent some time yesterday evening at Caffe Greco, which is around the border between North Beach and Chinatown. Good coffee, laid back crowd. I had a chance to catch up on a bit more reading there as well.

Today was chock full of conference fun. I got a chance to meet a former MS-er, as well as several other customers trying to implement this thing called
content management. Then, there was a post-conference reception at the Thirsty Bear; I can't say no to free food and beer.

After that, the weather was nice and the sun was still out, so I took a walk around downtown San Francisco before grabbing some dinner to go. SF certainly feels like a larger and more urban city than Seattle. That has its pros and cons; I like to visit but I couldn't say I'd want to live here.

Tomorrow, there's half a day of conferencing left, and then it's back to Seattle. I have an afternoon to spend before my flight leaves. I'm thinking either Mission District or Golden Gate. I've been to the latter, and have been advised by one person at work to not miss the opportunity to try a Mission Burrito before I leave.

No comments: