Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Home, Sweet Home

It's easy to lose touch with the news of the day from a place where you grew up near and lived in during college. In my case, I'm referring to Atlanta, Georgia.

Fortunately, there's news stories to keep me in touch as well as blogs. And what a great one that hit the blogosphere today: Atlanta police arrest an Oxford historian for jaywalking. That's right; Felipe Fernandez-Armesto was arrested, thrown in jail, asked to post bail, and eventually released for crossing the street incorrectly.

Check out his bio page. Wow: global environmental history; comparative colonial history; topics in Spanish and maritime history and the history of cartography. Dangerous stuff and a dangerous character, too. What, with all of that tweed he's wearing! Definitely a guy who'd disturb the peace, hmm?

I hang my head in shame.

No comments: