Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bacon + Chocolate = Pretty Good

So you may recall me blogging about Vosges's Bacon Chocolate Bar. Well, my wife bought me some for the holidays as a stocking stuffer. And, naturally, we tried it just as soon as I pulled it out of the sock.

Here's the play-by-play:
  • Smell: more or less like regular chocolate. Maybe a hint of smokiness?
  • First taste: pronounced milk chocolate flavor. Smooth, well-tempered.
  • As it melts: bacon taste and saltiness start to build.
  • Some mild chewing later: more bacon, mixed with chocolate.
  • After a swallow: lingering smoky, salty taste in the mouth.
Sound weird? Well, you kinda have to like bacon, and be OK with mixing sweet and savory together, to enjoy this bar. Both of us like bacon, so we enjoyed this chocolate. We let my sister and brother-in-law try it over the holidays, and they didn't care for it so much. Your mileage may indeed vary.

No comments: