Saturday, June 10, 2006

Greece #1

The folks over at Idea Grove decided to put together a whimsical Top 10 Countries list. Looking through it I agree with about 50-60% of it, except for one glaring (and easy to guess) opinion:

Greece should be #1 on the list.

I know, I know, it comes as expected from a Greek, right? But this list puts heavy weight on seminal and past achievements. So many of the countries on the list had big empires at one time or another, and thus had influence on the world (including Greece).

But Greece gave so many creations and inventions and ideas to the world that I do wonder why it's not above, say, the U.S. on the list. Sure, the U.S. is powerful, but it's a young country and hasn't had nearly enough time to provide the world with the same core value that countries like Italy or Egypt or China have had.

Oh well, I guess I'm biased, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, you're not at all biased.
Everyone knows Greece is #1.