Monday, January 16, 2006

The Day That Didn't Break The Record

Yesterday, Sunday, January 15, 2006, it didn't rain. This means our 27 day rain streak is over. Worse, today begins a new wave of rain.

So, Seattle continues to get rained on, yet doesn't have the pleasure of at least breaking a record while at it.

The kicker: last night around 9pm, we were on I-5 south going towards the city. I noticed several rain drops on my windshield, and they were not from the cars ahead. "Rain!", I exclaimed. "Glad to see our streak is still going." Not so; according to co-workers, the rain gauge is in Sea-Tac, not Seattle. What's up with that? At least measure the rain that falls in Seattle when you talk about a Seattle rain streak.

To all of this I hurumph and go back to watching the rain fall...

No comments: